October 13, the members of the International Urban Cooperation Program for Latin America and the Caribbean (IUC-LAC) will participate in the European Week of Regions and Cities together with IUC North America in a pioneering networking event at program level. The European Week, which is celebrated annually in Brussels, gathers cities and regions to work on promoting growth, creating a building and implementing a good government.
The event, organized by the DG Region to deal with urban international cooperation, will begin at 16:30 CET (Brussels hour3) and present the experiences, lessons learned and recommendations for the future of a representation of cities around priority themes both in the territory of cooperation as for the Green Deal as a strategic strategy of the European Commission. Registration is open until October 7th.
Panel 1: “Mobility and Digital Transition” with Buenos Aires (Argentina), San Diego (United States) and Turín (Italy)
Panel 2: “Circular Economy and Energy Transition” with the participation of Barranquilla (Colombia), Edmonton (Canada) and Bologna (Italy).
The event, which will have a virtual format, will unfold in English and needs registration through the official portal of the event here. Please note that the registration process requires the previous creation of a US EU Login. If not, we recommend that you go here to follow the process. The registration period ends on the Octubre 7th and the maximum capacity of the sessions is 150 people.
Moderator: Ms. Sandra Marín, Methodology Taskforce Coordinator 16:30 – 16:35 Introductory
16:30 – 16:35 Introductory Remarks by Mr. Rudolf Niessler, Principal Advisor, DG REGIO
16:35 – 16:40 Nelson Jorge, Service for Foreign Policy Instrument (FPI)
Session 1: Green Deal: Mobility & Digital Transition
- Thematic introduction by Ms. Tricia Hackett from IUC NA (5’)
- Panellists: LAC (Buenos Aires, Argentina): Mr. Juan Vacas, Deputy Secretary of Urban Landscape at the Ministry of Public Space) NA (San Diego, USA): Ms. Alyssa Muto, Deputy Director of Environment & Mobility Planning EU (Turin, Italy): Mr. Giuseppe Estivo, Assistant to the Deputy Mayor in charge of Transport and Mobility) • Questions and answers (10’) 17:15 – 17:50
Session 2: Green Deal: Circular Economy & Energy Transition
- Thematic introduction by Ms. Juliana Izquierdo from IUC LAC (5 min.)
- Panellists: NA (Edmonton, Canada): Ms. Maurya Braun, Technical Modelling Manager, Community Energy Transition Strategy LAC (Barranquilla, Colombia): Mr. Manuel Trujillo, Head of International Relations-Mayor Office) EU (Bologna, Italy): Mr. Marino Cavallo, Head of the Department Research, Innovation and Management of EU Projects and Adjunct professor at Department of Cultural Heritage)
- Questions and answers (10’) 17:50 – 18:00
Takeaways and prospects for cooperation by the MTF + closing remarks